Saturday, November 14, 2009

I have more than 10 amaryllis plants, How can I make them bloom?

I bought amariles bulbs last year unfortunately until now it does not have flowers. I even cut their leaves because its too leafy, until no flowers

I have more than 10 amaryllis plants, How can I make them bloom?
You need to let the plants grow through the summer. You can put them outside in a partly sunny location. Then about September take them to a dark place and lay the pots on their sides. Let them dry out and the tops die back. About November you can bring them back into the light and water them. Sometimes it takes awhile but they should bloom if they are old enough.
Reply:Your shouldn't cut leaves that are green. Your best bet is to trick it that a year has passed. Stuff it in a cool dark place, and check periodically for new growth.


No comments:

Post a Comment